You can find all the steps that need to be taken to configure a product here.
To do this, you follow the tabs from left to right, starting at ‘imports’.
You can set up the 3D models in this tab. You can also find a list of imported 3D files and the status of them. The wizard works with files such as .fbx and .zip files, where used ‘textures’ can be saved apart from the model. Currently the maximum size of a file that can be uploaded is 100Mb. You can upload the files that have already been made and you can upload only one 3D model at a time.
1. Go to ‘Import wizard’
2. Click on ‘Choose Files’ or drag the file into the screen
3. Add the 3D model (.fbx) file
4. For adding a complete folder of the textures, you need to create a zip file, this way the folder structure remains (another option is to add all the images to 1 zip file)
5. Add the zip file
6. Click ‘upload all’
7. In the overview that pops up you can still delete the images (bin icon)
8. If the system recognises the 3D files, the ‘next’ button will be clickable, to continue click on this button (to cancel click ‘cancel all’. To delete all the uploaded files, click ‘remove all’, you can also use the pin icon next to the file)
9. After this, a new window pops up to fill in:
Type import: if the configuration style is already defined and the correct workflow (that Expivi advices) is followed, select ‘Import as Configurable Model’, this will make sure everything will be automatically imported and the configuration of the product will be done at once. Select ‘Import as Plain Model’ if you only want the model itself to get imported (without configuration)
Reuse material: If the ‘materials’ are already existing within the project (material library), they can be reused
Put new materials in: You can select an existing folder or create a new folder
New folder name: Name the folder you want to create
Reuse textures: If the ‘textures”already exist within the project, they can be reused
Put new textures in: You can select an existing folder to place the textures in or create a new one
New folder name: Name the new folder if you created one
10. Click ‘import’
11. If everything is correctly done, a new window will pop up, saying ‘success’, to continue, click ‘close’ (if errors are constataded there will pop up a red window saying ‘error’. If a yellow window pops up saying ‘warning’ you can click on the number to see more details. A warning usually means textures are missing or the texture path is automatically corrected)
12. Click on the tree icon/view to get an example of the hierarchy file to see if the groups are correctly imported. In the search field you can search for parts
13. To delete the 3D model, click on the trashcan, pay attention! by deleting any related configurations (configurable graph, components, sceneobjects, etc)will be deleted! This means the automatically imported ‘graph’ will also be removed. Click confirm to delete, click cancel if you don’t want to delete this information